Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: the "Brown Belt"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    the "Brown Belt"

    why was it always a brown belt that dad's took off to give a good whipping back in the day? and it was one of those wide and thick belt.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    I don't remember 'BELTS",, was always a willow limb on my ass,, I still hate Willow trees.
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    at our house "The Belt" was black - work belt.

    But we also had, depending on severity of the offense:
    1) hand with covered bottom
    2) hand with bare bottom
    3) fly swat with covered bottom
    4) fly sway with bare bottom
    5) Switch (willow) with covered bottom
    6) Switch (willow) with bare bottom
    7) belt with covered bottom
    8) belt with bare bottom
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    Mine was a willow branch too, we have a big willow in our front yard so thats what got used mostly.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    Mine was whatever was handy. In my later years of adolescense, I really regretting buying those beach paddles while on vacation.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member borkomaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2011
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    dar ej arsa

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: the "Brown Belt"

    At my grandparents house, I frequently remember the hairbrush. One good peck in the top of your head! OUCH!
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •